Date: May 21
Time: 4 – 5:30 pm
Location: Swanson Academic Center Room 113, Alma College Campus, Alma, MI (map)
Tickets: Event is FREE and open to the public.
This forum is hosted by the COM 253 Environmental Communication Spring Term 2014 class at Alma College.
Join this special discussion with: FLOW staff Jim Olson, Liz Kirkwood, Allison Voglesong, and special guest, poet and Interlochen Academy instructor Mike Delp.
This event is sponsored by Clean Water and Region 9 of Michigan Lake and Stream Associations
Date: June 19
Time: 9:30 – 2:30
Location: Leelanau County Government Center, 8527 E. Government Dr., Sutton’s Bay, MI (map)
Registration: Event is FREE, lunch provided is a $10 fee, to reserve a spot and lunch please call Sarah Litch, 231 334-3612
Schedule of Speakers:
- 9:30 ZEQUANOX, A BIOLOGICAL CONTROL OF ZEBRA AND QUAGGA MUSSELS FOR YOUR LAKE
- Heath Phillips, Director, Inland Lake Applications for Zequanox, Marrone Bio-Innovations
- 10:45 A SHORELINE SURVEY: HOW TO DO IT AND WHAT TO DO WITH IT
- Rob Karner, Glen Lake-Crystal River Watershed Biologist
- 12:30 ENACTING TOWNSHIP ORDINANCES TO PROTECT COMMUNITIES FROM THE IMPACTS OF FRACKING
- Jim Olson, Environmental Attorney, Founder and President of FLOW
- 1:30 A BASELINE STUDY OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD AND GROUND WATER BEFORE HYDRAULIC FRACTURING OCCURS IN YOUR WATERSHED
- Sarah Litch, Leelanau Clean Water and Glen Lake Association Water Quality Committee